The Security Service of Ukraine handed over a large consignment of weapons seized during special counterintelligence operations for the needs of the Ministry of Defense.
These weapons were material evidence under arrest. The Security Service of Ukraine prepared a corresponding petition, and the Ministry of Defense took the military property on balance. This is the first such case in the history of Ukraine.
The Security Service of Ukraine handed over weapons weighing more than 500 tons to the Ministry of Defense:
- weapons (grenade launchers);
- ammunition (mines and grenade launchers);
- explosives (TNT);
- 36 missiles 5B27D (part of the Pechora S) and related equipment;
- components for firearms;
- engines and components for aviation equipment (MI-24 helicopters, SU and MIG aircraft);
- components for armored vehicles (BMP, BRDM, armored personnel carriers, tanks), anti-aircraft missile systems and volley fire systems;
- phosphoric and hydrochloric acids.
The territory of Ukraine was used for the transit of military supplies. For an unspecified purpose, they were accumulated on the territory of Ukraine as technical property of general use.
The Security Service of Ukraine has opened criminal proceedings on this fact. It was also established that there were no documents on the legal import and storage of military products.
To remind, Ukroboronprom presented ammunition for the VOG-17V under-barrel grenade launcher. The development lasted about two years.