British Secretary of Defense Ben Wallace has arrived in Ukraine on an official visit. On November 16, 2021, the Minister of Defense of Ukraine together with his British counterpart made a joint statement.
The Minister of Defense of Ukraine Oleksiy Reznikov and the Secretary of State for Defense of the United Kingdom Ben Wallace stated:
- Ukraine and the United Kingdom are strategic partners in the field of security and defense.
- An intergovernmental framework agreement was signed in London last week. This document continues the implementation of joint projects to develop the capabilities of the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, in accordance with the agreements reached in June, when the UK, Ukraine and the UK industry consortium signed a memorandum of understanding to enhance Ukraine’s naval capabilities.
- Today’s meeting is another stage of bilateral cooperation to increase Ukraine’s defense capabilities and develop interoperability.
- Our governments have no desire to be hostile or seek to strategically surround or undermine the Russian Federation in any way. We are concerned about the build-up of troops and Russia’s activity near Ukraine’s borders.
- Ukraine’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity are indisputable.
- The United Kingdom stands side by side with the people of Ukraine and will continue its unwavering commitment to its support.
- We are steadfast in this support and together we remain vigilant and united in defending our common values and freedoms.
Earlier Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Boris Johnson discussed strategic partnership between Ukraine and Great Britain