The Ministry of Finance has published data on financial, quantitative and qualitative performance of higher education institutions (III and IV levels of accreditation) in 2020.
The total expenditures of 166 higher education institutions included in the analysis amounted to UAH 19.3 billion under the general fund of the state budget and UAH 12.4 billion under the special fund of the state budget (funds received for the provision of paid services).
“635.7 thousand students studied in these institutions, including 307 thousand students who receive education by state order and 328.7 thousand students by contract. The average estimated expenditures per student at the state order increased by 13% and amounted to UAH 63,000 per year. In some higher education institutions, this figure significantly exceeded the national average” – the statement reads.
The largest expenditures for the education of one student by state order in 2020 were in the following institutions:
- Flight Academy of the National Aviation University – UAH 309.2 thousand per year;
- National Music Academy of Ukraine named after Tchaikovsky – 240.2 thousand UAH;
- Odesa National Music Academy named after Nezhdanova – 183.1 thousand UAH;
- Lviv National Academy of Music named after Lysenko – UAH 149.8 thousand;
- Kyiv National University of Theater, Film and Television. Named after Karpenko-Kary – UAH 146.2 thousand.
- National Forestry University of Ukraine – 69%;
- Nizhyn Agrotechnical Institute – 69%.