Photo: Facebook Viktor Lyashko
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine presented the way to implement the national strategy for creating a barrier-free space in Ukraine for 2021-2022.
Health Minister Viktor Lyashko announced this on Facebook, UA informs.
During the first meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal joined by First Lady Olena Zelenska, further steps were approved to create a barrier-free space in Ukraine.
The Ministry of Health presented the steps to implement the barrier-free approach:
- introduction of an international classification of the functioning of disabilities and health in Ukraine;
- formation of medical reports in the electronic health care system (e-hospital);
- improvement of Braille printing on medicines and medical devices due to new requirements for information presentation formats;
- creation of barrier-free conditions for people with hearing impairments in all health care institutions by duplicating important sound information with texts, organizing sign language translation, etc;
- audit of the accessibility of buildings of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and subordinate healthcare institutions.